Sunday, January 11, 2009

011|365 Quilt

This is a baby quilt that I made for a friend at work who had a baby boy last year. It was inspired by Kaffee Fassett's work, and was the first time I did something completely freestyle. It was a lot of fun to work on and I am happy with the result. I hope Michele is too!

You can expect to see many quilts make appearances here. I love to sew - sometimes focusing on clothes for Maddie and other times on home decor, but mostly on quilts. People are sometimes surprised that I am a quilter given my other hobbies, but it is a hobby that I find very soothing and in pleasant contrast to the craziness of my job. It is also nice to have a creative outlet which helps me stay objective when managing creative projects for clients.

One of my resolutions for the year is to finish 24 quilts this year at a rate of 2 per month. That sounds like a lot considering I work at least 60 hours a week but I will finish some work-in-process projects while starting others from scratch. I think it is very manageable if I rotate - one new project and then one I finish. And, some will be wall hangings or crib quilts but others will be larger including a bed quilt for me.

I finished the quilt pictured last night, binding it while watching Sex and the City - The Movie and started a new one this morning while Maddie was working on her blog. Yes, Maddie has a blog at 9 years old. She started it yesterday on the topic of Club Penguin cheats. Pretty funny. She installed google analytics and is looking for traffic so give it a look...it will make her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are welcome that pertain to the topic. Other comments, especially those that include obsenities, will be deleted.