Friday, January 9, 2009

008|365 Mindless

I love Project Runway. It is such a mindless pursuit with the contestants and their drama, which suited me just fine when I was watching reruns from DVR while working last night. I was pretty exhausted having gotten in at 3:00am and started working again at 8:00. To still be at it 13 hours later wasn't the plan, and Heidi Klum's band of sewing misfits definitely helped pass the time while my fingers did the talking on email.

This time last year I had never seen Project Runway. I had heard of it, of course, given that I don't live under a rock and all. It wasn't until I was in Alaska with Carmen in July that I saw my first episode, on as background noise while we were prepping to do frolick in the woods with bears. As soon as I got home I set the series up to record and have been addicted ever since.

The caption of this image also cracked me up as it says to "create a collection of 3 looks that incorporates 3 outdated trends." Look inside my closet lately? I try to get one look together that incorporates a minimum of 3 outdated trends on a daily basis!

On another note, I have to say that I am somewhat conflicted about this project. I have two goals that are not necessarily aligned. One is to improve my photography and the other is to tell my story of 2009 in pictures. This image was best for how I felt yesterday, mindless, but it certainly could not be referenced as "photography" by any stretch of the imagination. So, for now, the visual storytelling is winning over trying to take decent pictures. Yes, that is a disclaimer of sorts, isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are welcome that pertain to the topic. Other comments, especially those that include obsenities, will be deleted.