Monday, January 5, 2009

005|365 Going on a Jet Plane

The original title for today's post was supposed to be "Bonus Day" with an image of the sun setting over the Catskill Mountains. Nice idea, and I took a great shot yesterday that would have been perfect, but unfortunately I was on the phone when I should have been on the porch and I missed the shot for tonight. Why a bonus day? Well, I was supposed to leave at 5:30 this morning for a meeting in Tampa today. However, Mother Nature surprised Greenville with an ice storm and there was no leaving the house. So, instead of getting into a cold car and heading to the airport I got back into a warm bed and made my meeting a conference call.

The plan for tomorrow is similar to what I intended for today, although tomorrow I get to leave the house at 4:00am. Woo-hoo! I'm heading off to Palm Springs to give a keynote speech with a friend and colleague, Lynn O'Connor Vos of Grey Healthcare, at a national sales meeting on Wednesday. So, while I'd rather stay home, I can't complain too much about getting to go give a presentation and play some golf.

I have to say though that this picture is making me wonder. Do I really need to pack three pairs of shoes for a three day trip, especially when the better part of two days will be spent flying? Plus, I'll be wearing a pair, right? Well, I'll confess. I love shoes. And bags. And glasses. (Yes, I'm bringing three pairs of glasses too.) So, I'll wear black boots on the plane and to rehearsal, black heels for the speech, ivory heels to the dinner reception and sneakers to the gym. My golf shoes are in my golf bag - oh my, making that a fifth pair. Ok, I confess. I have a problem. Now that we got that settled, I'll see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. That explains the over sized bag you had on your back on the way to Alaska...

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments are welcome that pertain to the topic. Other comments, especially those that include obsenities, will be deleted.